Mastering Gastrointestinal Health – A 4-Part Online Training Series
Register now for PART 2 and get the SIBO test for only €60 (standard price €220)
ABOUT THE SERIES:
The gut microbiome is one of the hottest topics in medical research today. The most renowned scientific journals are pouring out articles on the relation of intestinal microbiota with conditions such as obesity, diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease, multiple sclerosis, chronic fatigue, depression, anxiety, CVD, and many more. It’s hard to overestimate the importance of the gut in health and disease.These are central concepts in functional medicine. But how do we implement this in clinical practice? Many of you have asked for courses on stool testing and how to measure and interpret markers of gut health. To this end we have created a four part training series on gut health. The training sessions will cover the following:
- Part 1: Stool Testing (Register now!)
- Part 2: SIBO (Register now!)
- Part 3: Intestinal Permeability
- Part 4: Additional aspects of intestinal health that may impact your clients’ well-being
Please note: The four parts are independent of one another, therefore you will need to register for each training session that you want to attend. Invitations will be sent for each of the four sessions, which will include dates and details for the individual training session.
Clinical Physiologist and CEO at Nordic Clinic Stockholm.
Over the past 15 years, Graeme has accumulated skills and experiences from the medical field, fitness, rehabilitation, nutrition and clinical research. From his many years of working with patients, he’s one of the most clinically experienced practitioners in Europe, but he’s also passionate about teaching and coaching practitioners in functional medicine and nutritional science.
PART 2: SIBO – Register now!
Small intestine bacterial overgrowth, or SIBO for short, is a phenomenon that has gained increasing attention over the years. A healthy small intestine normally contains fairly low numbers of gut bacteria, much lower than the more densely populated colon. However, for several reasons those numbers can rise which may in turn cause symptoms ‒ both systemically and locally in the gut. To highlight the clinical importance of SIBO and get you familiar with testing and treatment for bacterial overgrowth, we welcome you to this half day training session on the 6th May 2021.
We’re happy to be able to offer a cracking 73% discount on one SIBO test for yourself (may be ordered for a family member instead). Purchase it for €60 (standard price €220). The discount is only valid for pre-ordered tests and only up until the 1st May.
Please order and return your SIBO test as soon as possible. To ensure that your test results are back in time for the training, return it before the 15th April . Please note that you need to follow a specific preparation diet on the day before completing the test. Test instructions can be found in your testkit or on NordicVMS.
The training will cover:
- SIBO introduction – the three sub types (hydrogen, hydrogen sulfide, methane), signs and symptoms, general overview and prognosis
- Where the SIBO research is currently at and why we do not have a valid clinical hydrogen sulfide test
- Collection process and why you might be getting too many false positives
- The many risk factors that lead to SIBO and why
- Learn red flags and when further investigation is required
- How to read and interpret SIBO reports with plenty of case examples
- How to recognise Hydrogen sulfide SIBO and how to treat it
- Treatment options for the three different gases and their pros and cons
- Diet approaches for SIBO – when are where to implement
- Lifestyle interventions to ensure low risk of relapse once successful treatment has been completed
- Problem solving with complex cases
In this training session, Graeme will be accompanied by Gary Stapleton, the founder of Aerodiagnostics.
There will be plenty of time for Q&A’s.
Training Session: Part 2: SIBO
Date: Thursday, 6th May 2021 (half day)
Time: 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM London (BST) / 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM Stockholm (CEST) / 3:00 AM – 7:00 AM (EDT)
Price: €90 (ex. VAT)*
SIBO Test Price: €60 (standard price €220). You may participate in this training without ordering a test.
*An invoice will be sent to the email address provided upon registration, and your place is guaranteed once it has been paid. Please note that your registration is binding and the fee will not be reimbursed if you should you not attend. You can, however, hand your place over to someone else.
There’s a limited number of spots – sign up today!
Missed the invitation for Part 1? There is still time to sign up!
Happy to help
If you have any questions about this training session or the lecture series Mastering Gastrointestinal Health, please email email@example.com.